Embargoes lifted on Runwood’s care homes in Northern Ireland
October 25, 2019
Runwood Homes have implemented improvement requirements and, following recent inspections by the Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority (RQIA), suspensions have been lifted and new residents are now being accepted at three of the group’s Northern Ireland homes; Glenabbey Manor, Clifton Nursing Home and Rose Court.
Runwood says a pause on admissions had been mutually agreed during the transition of care categories and management changes which have now been efficiently addressed and implemented, with any quality concerns immediately rectified by the Runwood Homes senior management team, led by chief operating officer Gavin O’Hare-Connolly and recently appointed senior director of operations (North), Michael Doolin, who continue to work closely with the individual home managers.
Apart from an admissions requirement of no more than two new residents per week at Clifton nursing home, none of Runwood Homes’ facilities in Northern Ireland are now subject to healthcare authority restrictions.
“We are pleased that the improved standards of care and practise have been recognised by the RQIA and the Trusts,” said chief operating officer Gavin O’Hare-Connolly.
“We hope that our latest news will give the local communities surrounding our homes assurances that there are no concerns. Runwood Homes are running a professional and stable service where care quality meets the levels expected and set by the Trusts and Nursing and Residential Care Home Standards. Our new structure supports our enhanced quality governance agenda, and has realised proactive monitoring of our services to ensure the high standard of care we expect is as standard.”