Congratulations to our 2018 Winners!
June Thomas, Tudor Lodge, Pearl Healthcare
Care Registered Nurse 2018
Laura Smith, Hamilton House, brighterkind
Care Team 2018
Sefton Hall Residential & Nursing Home, Southern Healthcare
Care Home Manager 2018
Kellie Moore, Kesteven Grange, HC-One
Learning Disability Service Manager 2018
Jill Cowdry, The Grange Care Home, Consensus Community Support Ltd
Dementia Care Manager 2018
Susannah Barker-Milan, Eccleshare Court, Country Court Care Homes Ltd
Care Operations Manager 2018
Debbie South, Hallmark Care Homes
Care Activities Co-ordinator / Facilitator 2018
Raquel Pena Aristizabal, The Royal Star & Garter Homes Surbiton
Care Housekeeper 2018
Elaine Norman, Hungerford Care Home, brighterkind
Care Chef 2018
Steven Harding, Dormy House, Caring Homes
Care Home of the Year 2018
Green Tree Court, Lexicon Healthcare
The Dignity and Respect Care Home of the Year 2018
Northview Lodge, HC-One
Care Apprentice 2018
Heather Marchant, Bluebirds Nursing Home, PJ Care
Care Home Champion 2018
Kirsty Sudlow, Arrowe Hall, The Regard Group
Care Leadership 2018
Yvonne Manson, Earn House, Balhousie Care Group
Care Home Group 2018
Lifetime Achievement in Care 2018
Carol Smith, Cooperscroft Care Home, TLC Care
Care Personality 2018
Farouq Sheikh, Care Tech Holdings PLC
- Laura Selby, George’s Place, Audley Care
- Cassandra Keane, Giles Care Home, Avery Healthcare Group
- Jodie Rose, Amberleigh House, Community Integrated Care
- Jo Allison, Olive House Residential Home, Healthcare Homes Group
- June Thomas, Tudor Lodge, Pearl Healthcare
This award recognises the vital role of the care assistant in providing quality care. Evidence of dedication, sensitive handling of matters of importance to residents, and career progress through training will all be taken into account.
Care Registered Nurse
- Katarzyna Holownia, Avondale Care Home, Porthaven
- Christina Samudzi, Cedar Lodge, MHA
- Barbara Brierley, Amberwood House, Colten Care
- Silvia Nunes, Ford Place Nursing Home, Stow Healthcare
- Laura Smith, Hamilton House, brighterkind
This award will be made to a registered nurse who has made long term care their area of professional specialisation. In addition to maintaining training and demonstrating outstanding clinical and managerial qualities, the winner will have demonstrated a high level of dedication to, and advocacy for, the people they support.
- Sefton Hall Residential & Nursing Home, Southern Healthcare
- Heatherington House, Consensus Community Support Ltd
- Risby Park, The Partnership in Care Ltd
- The New Deanery Care Home, Sonnet Care Homes
- Nightingale House, Nightingale Hammerson
This award will be made to a staff team who have developed and maintained an outstanding standard of care and team ethos within any care setting .
Care Home Manager
- Kellie Moore, Kesteven Grange, HC-One
- Matthew Berry, Penhurst Gardens, Porthaven
- Sujjata Singh, Ty Enfys Care Home, Hallmark Care Homes
- Tina Callan, Heartly Green, Community Integrated Care
- Zoe Hiscox, Fosse House, Quantum Care Ltd
This award will be made to an exceptional care home manager (or deputy). They will be expected to demonstrate a high level of expertise in managing the services of the home to the benefit of residents, staff and their local community.
Learning Disability Service Manager
- Melany Castillo, Consensus Redan Street, Consensus Community Support Ltd
- Jill Cowdry, The Grange Care Home, Consensus Community Support Ltd
- Heather Smith, ASC, Balhousie Care Group
- Carl Jones, Swallow Lodge, Making Space
- Wendy Ward, Arnold House, mcch
This award will be made to a manager (or deputy) within a residential care setting, day care service or sheltered housing complex where more than 50 per cent of clients have learning disabilities who has initiated, maintained or developed an exceptional service for the benefit of their clients.
Dementia Care Manager
- Iain Slack, Arbory Residential Home, Banyan Residential Care Ltd
- Shona Bradbury, Appleby House, Care UK
- Beverley Manzar, Ebury Court Care Home, Ebury Court Residential Home Ltd
- Susannah Barker-Milan, Eccleshare Court, Country Court Care Homes Ltd
- Jo Mazza, Ashley Gardens Care Centre, Healthcare Homes Group
This award will be made to an outstanding manager (or deputy) of a care service where more than 50 per cent of the clients live with dementia. They will be expected to demonstrate a high level of expertise in managing the service to the benefit of residents with dementia as well as staff.
Care Operations Manager
- Jo Croft, Colten Care
- Debbie South, Hallmark Care Homes
- Christine Valentine-Bunce, Innovative Aged Care
- Katherine Foley, Healthcare Homes Group
- Ruth French, Stow Healthcare
The winner of this award will have demonstrated exceptional vision, leadership and be at the forefront of new management techniques. They will have inspired their colleagues to provide exceptional care throughout the homes for which they are responsible.
Care Activities Co-ordinator/Facilitator
- Anne Conquest, Coombe Hill Manor, Signature Senior Living
- Margaret Brodie, Foxborrow Grange, Outlook Care
- Tina Bennett, Castlecroft Residential Care Home, Sanctuary Care
- Fiona Pritchard, Linden House, Colten Care
- Raquel Pena Aristizabal, The Royal Star & Garter Homes, The Royal Star & Garter Homes Surbiton
This award will be made to a person within a care home or day care service who has made an exceptional contribution to the quality of life, health and happiness of all the people they support through the activities they provide.
- Selina Morris, The Close Care Home, Cavendish Close Ltd
- Pauline Saville, Rashwood Care Home, Elizabeth Finn Homes Ltd
- Joanna Graczyk, Cuffley Manor Care Home, TLC Care
- Elaine Norman, Hungerford Care Home, brighterkind
- Donna Silvester, Cliftonville, Avery Healthcare Group
Running the housekeeping services of a care home is vital for the well-being of residents and staff. This award will be made to an outstanding housekeeper who can demonstrate the passion and commitment needed to make a real difference.
- Steven Harding, Dormy House, Caring Homes
- Matt Dodge, Chelsea Court Place, Innovative Aged Care
- Jon Warnaby, Green Tree Court, Lexicon Healthcare
- Emilio Pascucci, Astbury Manor, Avery Healthcare Group
- Carl Weston, Cuffley Manor Care Home, TLC Care
This award will be made to a chef in a long term care setting who shows exceptional ability in providing well-balanced, nutritious and delicious food.
Care Home of the Year
- Mill House, The Regard Group
- Green Tree Court, Lexicon Healthcare
- Gracewell of Camberley, Gracewell Healthcare Ltd
- Ebury Court Care Home, Ebury Court Residential Home Ltd
- Ford Place Nursing Home, Stow Healthcare
This award will be made to a care home with 15 or more residents which can demonstrate exceptional quality care across all the services it offers.
The Dignity & Respect Care Home of the Year
- Urmston House, Shaw Healthcare
- Mary’s Court, Sonnet Care Homes
- Northview Lodge, HC-One
- Lucerne House, Barchester Healthcare
- Green Tree Court, Lexicon Healthcare
This award will be made to an exceptional care home which can convincingly demonstrate that it has put dignity and respect for its residents and staff at the very heart of all it does, and that this emphasis has resulted in tangible benefits for residents, relatives and staff alike.
- Cemal Ahmet, Quantum Care Ltd
- Charlotte King, Cleves Place, Care UK
- Heather Marchant, Bluebirds Nursing Home, PJ Care
- Ross Balmer, Dalnaglar, Balhousie Care Group
This award will be made to a care apprentice who is enrolled on a recognised apprenticeship scheme and who is already delivering the very best standard of care. The judges will be looking for an individual who excels in their personal and team roles, and exhibits enthusiasm, professionalism, confidence and a shining commitment to their on-going career development.
Care Home Champion
- Sally Alexander, The Ranch, Cotswold Supported Living
- Ronnie Lane, The Tudors Care Home, Gold Care Homes
- Kirsty Sudlow, Arrowe Hall, The Regard Group
- Julie Burt, Halliwell, Elizabeth Finn Homes Ltd
- Denver Naguit, Kingsmills Care Home, brighterkind
This award will go to an exceptional person, whether they are a member of staff, a relative, resident or a volunteer who has gone above and beyond and made a real difference. It could be a charitable achievement or making life better for residents and relatives, or simply someone who has done great things but may not have had the recognition they deserve.
- Yvonne Manson, Earn House, Balhousie Care Group
- Natalie Bessey, Shelduck House, Outlook Care
- Katy Hughes, Mildenhall Lodge, Care UK
- Bhavna Keane-Rao, BKR Care Consultancy
- Mandy Jackson, Athena Care Homes UK
This award will be made to an outstanding individual, in any care setting, small or large, whose leadership has resulted in an exceptional outcome for clients, team members and the organisation they work for.
Care Home Group
- Hallmark Care Homes
- Caring Homes
- Barchester Healthcare
This award will go to an outstanding care group with more than three care homes which is able to evidence exceptional client care combined with excellent staff development and impressive financial results.
Lifetime Achievement in Care
- Sue Peckham, Rectory House, Caring Homes
- Theresa McElligot, Acton Care Centre, Gold Care Homes
- Adam Knights, Dunston Innovation Centre, Knights Care
- Maureen Bonney, Elmhurst, Quantum Care Ltd
- Carol Smith, Cooperscroft Care Home, TLC Care
This award will be made to an exceptional person who has committed a significant portion of their life to working in a care home, or in social care, in the community or in sheltered housing, and has made a substantial difference to the quality of life of the people they have worked with.
- James Allen, Consensus
- Robert Kilgour, Renaissance Care
- Alex Ramamurthy, The Care Workers Charity
- Farouq Sheikh, Care Tech Holdings PLC
- Tony Stein, Healthcare Management Solutions
An independent panel will select 5 finalists who they feel have made a big contribution to the care home sector within the past 12 months. The people chosen will be contacted before the awards ceremony and notified of the finalist position. This award does not require an entry from individuals, however if you would like to nominate someone for the panel to consider please do so along with 500 words to support your nomination.